Escribe Aquí / Write Here
Escribe Aquí is an annual festival that honors the diversity of writing in various languages by hosting authors across cultures and languages for events and residency in The Writer’s Room. They convene to salute their own diversity; thereby transcending the notions of a dominant society that mistakenly perceives them as having ‘one’ voice. This program is funded by The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Ana Menéndez, Writer in Residence
Amanda Ortiz and Marc Alvarez
The first theatrical reading (performed by actors, Amanda Ortiz and Marc Alvarez) of the balcony scene from "Romeo y Julieta en la Saguacera" adapted from Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet by Ana Ménendez, with musical lyrics by Pablo Cartaya.
Performer from Peter London Global Dance Co.
Pablo Brescia, Writer in Residence
Breaking bread at The Betsy
Cristina Garcia, Writer in Residence
Cristina Garcia, center, visited in the Betsy Writer's Room by Festival Director Pablo Cartaya and his children, Leo and Penelope.
Poet Carlos Pintado in B Bar
Peter London Global Dance Co.
- Books, Inq. – February 17, 2015
- Nagari Magazine – March 10, 2014
- Neo Club Press – March 13, 2015
- Hermano Cerdo – March 20, 2015
- Miami New Times – March 23, 2015
- Diario Las Americas – March 24, 2015
- El Nuevo Herald – March 27, 2015
- El Colombiano – April 3, 2015
- SubUrbano – April 11, 2015